How To Win The Battle Against The F Word In Only 4 Steps
It’s fall, and we love almost everything about it! but the downside is that none of us seem to be able to escape from the awful F word that happens to our hair from summer to fall: FRIZZ. The good news is that you can win the battle against it!
1. Start in the shower
Don’t hesitate to buy special anti frizz products, use it frequently and your hair will gain all the nutrients it needs to look more like a princess on duty and less like a lion in the jungle.
Our recommendations for anti frizz shampoo and conditioner are:
1. Smooth Cure Shampoo by Joico: this amazing smooth shampoo works perfectly with every type of hair and the best thing is that because it is sulfate-free, it keeps the natural keratin of your hair which gives a silkier and shinier look. Buy it on: www.beautybay.com
2. Keratin Smoothing Conditioner, “Bye Bye Frizz” by Marc Anthony: we have to admit it; everything that contains keratin and its salt-free (or sulfate-free) makes our hair healthier and therefore, our life happier! This new conditioner has the best of both worlds and you will see the difference from day one. Buy it on: www.drugstore.com
2. Don’t forget anti frizz products for styling
The best thing about styling products it’s that they do the miracles that before we thought it would be impossible, and winning the battle against the frizz is one of those miracles. Here there is the top three anti frizz products that we all love (and so will you):
1. Kérastase Elixir Ultime: if there is a word that can describe this line of nourishing oils is “Perfection”. Yes, others would say “Pricey” but believe me when I say that it is a great investment for a healthier and less frizzy hair. Apply just few drops on your palms, and run them over dry hair from roots to ends every day before and after styling it will bring back the beautiful, smooth and healthy hair that you always wanted. It does work very well and there is a different product for each type of hair, they all smell amazing.
2. Frizz-Ease by John Frieda: this Moisture Barrier Firm Hold hairspray keeps your hairstyle away from popping out for the wrong reasons, it’s been on the market for a very long time so you can find it almost everywhere with a reasonable price. With just a few amount of it along your hair after styling it will hold it and keep it shinny with a natural look.
3. Advance Techniques Lotus Shield by Avon: this is as easy as few drops after washing and towel dry your hair and as effective as you have wished for. This formula will take off your shoulders the pressure that you feel when you are walking on your way to work and it starts raining, you don’t have to worry anymore!
3. Less is more (and this is not the exception of the rule)
It’s not necessary to use hot styling irons every single day of your life, it might give you the silky look that you love to have but with time (not much of it) it will cause more damage than good, so try to change your hairstyle by making your hair have that wet casual look by using products (such as Label.m Gel or Superbly Smoothing Argan Hair Pak by Kiehl's) that will keep the waves in control all day long.
4. Homemade hair spa
Yes, we all are always busy and we all wish the day has more than 24 hours but your hair is screaming for a break too, so try to save some time to give to your hair an hour of homemade treatments before washing it.
One of my favorites it’s the mix of oils: just mix coconut oil, olive oil and apricot oil with ¼ of a very mature (almost rotten) avocado and apply it to your hair; if you have a much damaged hair apply it all along your hair, if you don’t need that much moisture just apply it from the middle to the ends; leave it for 30min or one hour before washing your hair and you will see the difference (and your hair will thank you for it).
Hey there! I'm a Venezuelan-Haitian-French bubbly human being living in Ireland. Business Administrator with aim to Fashion Marketing and Visual Merchandising. I love art in all its expression but mostly Photography, Fashion and Culture. I have a huge addiction to traveling and meeting new people so that's what I do when I am not studying or working. Life is beautiful, so I enjoy it everyday! ;)